Welcome to THEO.
Bringing you design insights and inspiration.
Learn more About THEO
- Holiday House NYC with Theodore Alexander and James Rixner
- The Stars are Aligned! Theodore Alexander Features in Traditional Home Magazine
- Theodore Alexander announces appointment of Dr Doris Phua as C.E.O.
- Tori Mellott Tours Theodore Alexander at the New York Design Center
- An Afternoon of Design at the NYDC
- Duralee Fabrics Now Available at the New York Design Center
- Lighting & Decor Magazine Features Steve Leung for Theodore Alexander
- Floyd Pendant Light by Michael Berman in June House Beautiful Magazine
- Theodore Alexander at The New York Design Center – The Big Reveal!
- Jamie Drake wins NY Spaces Award for Theodore Alexander Collection
- Becoming a Visionary at High Point Market
- Theodore Alexander Unveils Renovated Showroom at NYDC
- Theodore Alexander to Launch New Collection by Designer Steve Leung at High Point Market
- Colour Crush! Theodore Alexander Features in March House Beautiful!
- Million Dollar Decorating Podcast Features Theodore Alexander
- Washington and the Spencers, a Tale Through the Centuries 2,759 views
- Theodore Alexander Unveils Renovated Showroom at NYDC 2,071 views
- Lady Charlotte Diana Spencer, an Althorp Addition 1,102 views
- Theodore Alexander to Launch New Collection by Designer Steve Leung at High Point Market 783 views
- About THEO 721 views
- What’s in a Name? The Canterbury (Furniture) Tales 516 views
- Theodore Alexander and Historic Charm in Detroit 441 views
- An Olympic Event at Althorp 438 views
- A World of Quality in Miniature 420 views
- Spotlight on Anthony Cox, Creative Director 389 views
Humbled to be lauded by some of our favorites in the design world. Cheers to The Design Network and everyone involv… https://t.co/JmfLp7Uzw2
Author Archives: admin
This post was re-blogged from the original with the kind permission of John Black.
An admission: I have a fetish for chairs.
As a designer, chairs offer the best opportunity to design from a sculptural aspect. Coupled with my historical jones, it should not be surprising that the one chair design that stands out is klismos. Given the timeless nature of this chair, it is no wonder other furniture designers have gravitated to this form as well. But what I find as interesting as the chair itself is the diverse personalities involved with bringing this form, along with ancient Greek ideals, back to life. Read more
The layering of materials is what makes the use of gold so enticing. Light fixtures with gold accents, sideboards with inlaid details, chair frames gilt in gold leaf. Aged or patinated, the reflection of a gold timeliness finish softens the lines of any piece of furniture. Read more
When designing for the home library I love a double sided partners desk. Lots of storage and a large table top space to work upon is vital. Grommets for cords to thread through is a luxury and not often found in older pieces. Buying “new old “is always desirable for designer. Read more