Welcome to THEO.
Bringing you design insights and inspiration.
Learn more About THEO
- Holiday House NYC with Theodore Alexander and James Rixner
- The Stars are Aligned! Theodore Alexander Features in Traditional Home Magazine
- Theodore Alexander announces appointment of Dr Doris Phua as C.E.O.
- Tori Mellott Tours Theodore Alexander at the New York Design Center
- An Afternoon of Design at the NYDC
- Duralee Fabrics Now Available at the New York Design Center
- Lighting & Decor Magazine Features Steve Leung for Theodore Alexander
- Floyd Pendant Light by Michael Berman in June House Beautiful Magazine
- Theodore Alexander at The New York Design Center – The Big Reveal!
- Jamie Drake wins NY Spaces Award for Theodore Alexander Collection
- Becoming a Visionary at High Point Market
- Theodore Alexander Unveils Renovated Showroom at NYDC
- Theodore Alexander to Launch New Collection by Designer Steve Leung at High Point Market
- Colour Crush! Theodore Alexander Features in March House Beautiful!
- Million Dollar Decorating Podcast Features Theodore Alexander
- Washington and the Spencers, a Tale Through the Centuries 4,683 views
- Lady Charlotte Diana Spencer, an Althorp Addition 3,361 views
- Theodore Alexander Unveils Renovated Showroom at NYDC 2,719 views
- About THEO 1,228 views
- Theodore Alexander to Launch New Collection by Designer Steve Leung at High Point Market 1,074 views
- What’s in a Name? The Canterbury (Furniture) Tales 1,009 views
- Theodore Alexander and Historic Charm in Detroit 989 views
- A World of Quality in Miniature 932 views
- Spotlight on Anthony Cox, Creative Director 927 views
- An Olympic Event at Althorp 927 views
Hand hewn, textured, vintage and rustic, the Tyler I Cabinet from The Echoes collection feels like the most fabulou… https://t.co/mJU641UrfT
Hundreds of frames, dozens of finishes, with our Custom Palette Program, we help bring your vision to life! Match y… https://t.co/n9U5M85ncp
Post filed under Art History
Thomas Chippendale – arguably the most well-known and influential cabinetmaker of the 18th century – was born in Yorkshire in 1718 but little is known about the man himself despite his fame. Trained by his father John and the aptly … Read more
Now on at The Metropolitan Museum of Art is an exhibition that pays tribute to the skills and legacy of the Master New York Cabinetmaker Duncan Phyfe. Read more
We were delighted to see this article in Architectural Digest which profiles the restoration of the historic Palladian villa Dumfries House via the Patronage of Prince Charles.
Located in Ayrshire, Scotland, the house was designed by the master architect Robert Adam and contains 50 examples of furniture by Thomas Chippendale. In the words of His Royal Highness The Prince of Wales, the furnishings exemplify ‘British Craftsmanship at its best.” Read more
There is something about miniature furniture that never fails to entice interest – delicate yet proportionate, small yet sturdy, miniatures provide perfect conversation pieces for the home.
Originating as apprentice pieces or as cabinetmakers’ models, miniature furniture was always intended for display either as a demonstration of skill or as a scaled down version of a final piece that could be commissioned. Read more
Reading ‘At Home, a Short History of Private Life’ by author Bill Bryson this passage on the history of mahogany stood out for its eloquence.
Mahogany was introduced to British carpentry in the mid 18th century and soon superseded oak as the wood of choice in fashionable households. It soon becomes apparent why…
It could be carved and fretted into the delicate shapes that perfectly suited the exuberance of rococo, yet was strong enough to be a piece of furniture. No wood had had these characteristics before: suddenly furniture had a sculptural quality. Read more
The British artist William Hogarth’s Line of Beauty is central to the design philosophy of the Keno Bros., and is also reflected in many of the classical forms from Theodore Alexander.
With this in mind, we were delighted to discover that the London house of Hogarth re-opens this month following a grueling restoration project.