Welcome to THEO.
Bringing you design insights and inspiration.
Learn more About THEO
- Holiday House NYC with Theodore Alexander and James Rixner
- The Stars are Aligned! Theodore Alexander Features in Traditional Home Magazine
- Theodore Alexander announces appointment of Dr Doris Phua as C.E.O.
- Tori Mellott Tours Theodore Alexander at the New York Design Center
- An Afternoon of Design at the NYDC
- Duralee Fabrics Now Available at the New York Design Center
- Lighting & Decor Magazine Features Steve Leung for Theodore Alexander
- Floyd Pendant Light by Michael Berman in June House Beautiful Magazine
- Theodore Alexander at The New York Design Center – The Big Reveal!
- Jamie Drake wins NY Spaces Award for Theodore Alexander Collection
- Becoming a Visionary at High Point Market
- Theodore Alexander Unveils Renovated Showroom at NYDC
- Theodore Alexander to Launch New Collection by Designer Steve Leung at High Point Market
- Colour Crush! Theodore Alexander Features in March House Beautiful!
- Million Dollar Decorating Podcast Features Theodore Alexander
- Washington and the Spencers, a Tale Through the Centuries 4,953 views
- Lady Charlotte Diana Spencer, an Althorp Addition 3,874 views
- Theodore Alexander Unveils Renovated Showroom at NYDC 2,843 views
- About THEO 1,295 views
- Theodore Alexander to Launch New Collection by Designer Steve Leung at High Point Market 1,107 views
- What’s in a Name? The Canterbury (Furniture) Tales 1,084 views
- Theodore Alexander and Historic Charm in Detroit 1,081 views
- Spotlight on Anthony Cox, Creative Director 1,013 views
- An Olympic Event at Althorp 1,005 views
- A World of Quality in Miniature 1,004 views
It would be hard to stay indoors with a view like this, but we must admit, this luxurious Naples living room is a s… https://t.co/AXx03ZLf0o
🌤️ Summer vibes, thanks to muted hues, fresh fabrics & our Aiden chairs in pale blue. With uncompromising standards… https://t.co/DJBLhZyFQx
Ornate detailing, reflective metals & a serene palette of blue & beige dress up this stunning New Jersey bedroom, a… https://t.co/dipVPIFnHb
Step inside the Althorp Estate, 13,000 acres of beautiful countryside in Northamptonshire, Warwickshire and Norfolk… https://t.co/zk4CoplGoF
What to do when remodeling a room with support columns in the middle? Build a gorgeous blue shelf of course! Clever… https://t.co/dzqpCU5NPl
Post filed under Art History
Whilst Picasso is often associated with artwork that depicts furniture, such as his Nude in a Rocking Chair or Dora Maar in a Wicker Chair we had not associated the artist with existing furniture until we came across this blog post at San Francisco Museum of Modern Art. Read more
Types of furniture named after people are scarce but not rare as one might think. Take the Wellington chest or the Davenport as two examples that of pieces that came to be known after famous men of their time. Furniture whose name derives from women is harder to find but not impossible. Which leads us to that simple yet elegant day bed or chaise – the récamier. Read more
We are all familiar with the wardrobe, the term originating from a ward or room for robes, the term armoire originally was a closet or chest for arms or tools, the Davenport a complex small writing desk that was allegedly first designed for Lord Davenport – hence the name. All these terms can be found quite easily but the Chiffonier is a rather moveable feast. Read more
The acanthus leaf has been a feature of architectural decoration for millennia. Abstractions of the spiky leaves (Acanthos in ancient Greek means thorny) and their complex outlines served as inspiration for design features throughout the western world. From Roman architecture … Read more