Welcome to THEO.
Bringing you design insights and inspiration.
Learn more About THEO
- Holiday House NYC with Theodore Alexander and James Rixner
- The Stars are Aligned! Theodore Alexander Features in Traditional Home Magazine
- Theodore Alexander announces appointment of Dr Doris Phua as C.E.O.
- Tori Mellott Tours Theodore Alexander at the New York Design Center
- An Afternoon of Design at the NYDC
- Duralee Fabrics Now Available at the New York Design Center
- Lighting & Decor Magazine Features Steve Leung for Theodore Alexander
- Floyd Pendant Light by Michael Berman in June House Beautiful Magazine
- Theodore Alexander at The New York Design Center – The Big Reveal!
- Jamie Drake wins NY Spaces Award for Theodore Alexander Collection
- Becoming a Visionary at High Point Market
- Theodore Alexander Unveils Renovated Showroom at NYDC
- Theodore Alexander to Launch New Collection by Designer Steve Leung at High Point Market
- Colour Crush! Theodore Alexander Features in March House Beautiful!
- Million Dollar Decorating Podcast Features Theodore Alexander
- Washington and the Spencers, a Tale Through the Centuries 4,458 views
- Lady Charlotte Diana Spencer, an Althorp Addition 2,931 views
- Theodore Alexander Unveils Renovated Showroom at NYDC 2,613 views
- About THEO 1,150 views
- Theodore Alexander to Launch New Collection by Designer Steve Leung at High Point Market 1,028 views
- What’s in a Name? The Canterbury (Furniture) Tales 939 views
- Theodore Alexander and Historic Charm in Detroit 892 views
- An Olympic Event at Althorp 855 views
- A World of Quality in Miniature 843 views
- Spotlight on Anthony Cox, Creative Director 834 views
A study in materials, the Thought writing table from our Echoes collection makes working from home a little extra c… https://t.co/Rixg0rnQzZ
From the perfect set of crystals to the pierced metal of our Flic-Flac side table, it's all about the details🔍… https://t.co/zIveDrZkwI
Mark your calendars! This Friday is the 2019 Designers Breakfast at 200 Lex! Come chat with one of our newest desig… https://t.co/VB8zhcHmcc
Post filed under Book Review
Reading ‘At Home, a Short History of Private Life’ by author Bill Bryson this passage on the history of mahogany stood out for its eloquence.
Mahogany was introduced to British carpentry in the mid 18th century and soon superseded oak as the wood of choice in fashionable households. It soon becomes apparent why…
It could be carved and fretted into the delicate shapes that perfectly suited the exuberance of rococo, yet was strong enough to be a piece of furniture. No wood had had these characteristics before: suddenly furniture had a sculptural quality. Read more
At this year’s Althorp Literary Festival Earl Spencer’s will give a talk Althorp: A Personal View which will give a unique insight into his home, and the home of the Spencer family for the last 500 years. Althorp Living History by Theodore Alexander is proud to sponsor this event and we look forward to sharing more information closer to the day. Read more
With chapters entitled “His and Hers”, “Wallpaper and Taste” and “A Nest of Comforts” Amanda Vickery brings the English Georgian household to life with engaging literary style and interior illustrations. Read more