Welcome to THEO.
Bringing you design insights and inspiration.
Learn more About THEO
- Holiday House NYC with Theodore Alexander and James Rixner
- The Stars are Aligned! Theodore Alexander Features in Traditional Home Magazine
- Theodore Alexander announces appointment of Dr Doris Phua as C.E.O.
- Tori Mellott Tours Theodore Alexander at the New York Design Center
- An Afternoon of Design at the NYDC
- Duralee Fabrics Now Available at the New York Design Center
- Lighting & Decor Magazine Features Steve Leung for Theodore Alexander
- Floyd Pendant Light by Michael Berman in June House Beautiful Magazine
- Theodore Alexander at The New York Design Center – The Big Reveal!
- Jamie Drake wins NY Spaces Award for Theodore Alexander Collection
- Becoming a Visionary at High Point Market
- Theodore Alexander Unveils Renovated Showroom at NYDC
- Theodore Alexander to Launch New Collection by Designer Steve Leung at High Point Market
- Colour Crush! Theodore Alexander Features in March House Beautiful!
- Million Dollar Decorating Podcast Features Theodore Alexander
- Washington and the Spencers, a Tale Through the Centuries 3,377 views
- Theodore Alexander Unveils Renovated Showroom at NYDC 2,260 views
- Lady Charlotte Diana Spencer, an Althorp Addition 1,821 views
- Theodore Alexander to Launch New Collection by Designer Steve Leung at High Point Market 879 views
- About THEO 851 views
- What’s in a Name? The Canterbury (Furniture) Tales 643 views
- An Olympic Event at Althorp 594 views
- Theodore Alexander and Historic Charm in Detroit 562 views
- A World of Quality in Miniature 531 views
- Spotlight on Anthony Cox, Creative Director 476 views
What a perfect place to write our love letter to Meredith Ellis for her fabulous work in this calm and cozy nook. F… https://t.co/xaxLaeZGpC
Dip your toes into one of our most refreshing finishes: Lagoon. One of 30+ colors in our Custom Palette program.… https://t.co/iva3ZAJrmn
Dip your toes into one of our most refreshing finishes: Lagoon. One of 30+ colors in our Custom Palette program.… https://t.co/2y8J0KcgI8
A masterpiece in the making, every metal detail is first hand carved in wax on one of our most theatrical pieces: T… https://t.co/Fc75Nofjhx
A masterpiece in the making, every metal detail is first hand carved in wax on one of our most theatrical pieces: T… https://t.co/CmueuFx45x
Hand carved and caned, this Louis Bergère armchair is based on an original Louis XV provincial - a touch of history… https://t.co/sdwIsWpQSg
Post filed under Book Review
Reading ‘At Home, a Short History of Private Life’ by author Bill Bryson this passage on the history of mahogany stood out for its eloquence.
Mahogany was introduced to British carpentry in the mid 18th century and soon superseded oak as the wood of choice in fashionable households. It soon becomes apparent why…
It could be carved and fretted into the delicate shapes that perfectly suited the exuberance of rococo, yet was strong enough to be a piece of furniture. No wood had had these characteristics before: suddenly furniture had a sculptural quality. Read more
At this year’s Althorp Literary Festival Earl Spencer’s will give a talk Althorp: A Personal View which will give a unique insight into his home, and the home of the Spencer family for the last 500 years. Althorp Living History by Theodore Alexander is proud to sponsor this event and we look forward to sharing more information closer to the day. Read more
With chapters entitled “His and Hers”, “Wallpaper and Taste” and “A Nest of Comforts” Amanda Vickery brings the English Georgian household to life with engaging literary style and interior illustrations. Read more