Welcome to THEO.
Bringing you design insights and inspiration.
Learn more About THEO
- Holiday House NYC with Theodore Alexander and James Rixner
- The Stars are Aligned! Theodore Alexander Features in Traditional Home Magazine
- Theodore Alexander announces appointment of Dr Doris Phua as C.E.O.
- Tori Mellott Tours Theodore Alexander at the New York Design Center
- An Afternoon of Design at the NYDC
- Duralee Fabrics Now Available at the New York Design Center
- Lighting & Decor Magazine Features Steve Leung for Theodore Alexander
- Floyd Pendant Light by Michael Berman in June House Beautiful Magazine
- Theodore Alexander at The New York Design Center – The Big Reveal!
- Jamie Drake wins NY Spaces Award for Theodore Alexander Collection
- Becoming a Visionary at High Point Market
- Theodore Alexander Unveils Renovated Showroom at NYDC
- Theodore Alexander to Launch New Collection by Designer Steve Leung at High Point Market
- Colour Crush! Theodore Alexander Features in March House Beautiful!
- Million Dollar Decorating Podcast Features Theodore Alexander
- Washington and the Spencers, a Tale Through the Centuries 3,056 views
- Theodore Alexander Unveils Renovated Showroom at NYDC 2,149 views
- Lady Charlotte Diana Spencer, an Althorp Addition 1,305 views
- Theodore Alexander to Launch New Collection by Designer Steve Leung at High Point Market 830 views
- About THEO 771 views
- What’s in a Name? The Canterbury (Furniture) Tales 568 views
- An Olympic Event at Althorp 496 views
- Theodore Alexander and Historic Charm in Detroit 486 views
- A World of Quality in Miniature 453 views
- An English Summer 435 views
Dining in, with the extendable Callan table and assorted chairs from the rustic Echoes collection.… https://t.co/Nhj0lequoU
Our ideal weekend retreat: This tranquil living room by Michael Berman from the 2016 Christopher Kennedy Modernism… https://t.co/lRmcKABuxH
Don't miss this fabulous event, next week at the New York Design Center. We're thrilled to partner with A-List Inte… https://t.co/E5VZ69GgCO
A hand-woven leather lattice headboard, turned solid oak posts and a parquetry footboard - the Weston bed is a true… https://t.co/m91iounjT6
Bright hues, distressed metals, pale neutrals and a touch of vintage, channel your inner colour with our Custom Pal… https://t.co/BaygTJcfR6
Bright hues, distressed metals, pale neutrals and a touch of vintage, channel your inner colour with our Custom Pal… https://t.co/ToBCVvjvd1
Post filed under Book Review
Reading ‘At Home, a Short History of Private Life’ by author Bill Bryson this passage on the history of mahogany stood out for its eloquence.
Mahogany was introduced to British carpentry in the mid 18th century and soon superseded oak as the wood of choice in fashionable households. It soon becomes apparent why…
It could be carved and fretted into the delicate shapes that perfectly suited the exuberance of rococo, yet was strong enough to be a piece of furniture. No wood had had these characteristics before: suddenly furniture had a sculptural quality. Read more
At this year’s Althorp Literary Festival Earl Spencer’s will give a talk Althorp: A Personal View which will give a unique insight into his home, and the home of the Spencer family for the last 500 years. Althorp Living History by Theodore Alexander is proud to sponsor this event and we look forward to sharing more information closer to the day. Read more
With chapters entitled “His and Hers”, “Wallpaper and Taste” and “A Nest of Comforts” Amanda Vickery brings the English Georgian household to life with engaging literary style and interior illustrations. Read more