Welcome to THEO.
Bringing you design insights and inspiration.
Learn more About THEO
- Holiday House NYC with Theodore Alexander and James Rixner
- The Stars are Aligned! Theodore Alexander Features in Traditional Home Magazine
- Theodore Alexander announces appointment of Dr Doris Phua as C.E.O.
- Tori Mellott Tours Theodore Alexander at the New York Design Center
- An Afternoon of Design at the NYDC
- Duralee Fabrics Now Available at the New York Design Center
- Lighting & Decor Magazine Features Steve Leung for Theodore Alexander
- Floyd Pendant Light by Michael Berman in June House Beautiful Magazine
- Theodore Alexander at The New York Design Center – The Big Reveal!
- Jamie Drake wins NY Spaces Award for Theodore Alexander Collection
- Becoming a Visionary at High Point Market
- Theodore Alexander Unveils Renovated Showroom at NYDC
- Theodore Alexander to Launch New Collection by Designer Steve Leung at High Point Market
- Colour Crush! Theodore Alexander Features in March House Beautiful!
- Million Dollar Decorating Podcast Features Theodore Alexander
- Washington and the Spencers, a Tale Through the Centuries 4,959 views
- Lady Charlotte Diana Spencer, an Althorp Addition 3,897 views
- Theodore Alexander Unveils Renovated Showroom at NYDC 2,845 views
- About THEO 1,295 views
- Theodore Alexander to Launch New Collection by Designer Steve Leung at High Point Market 1,107 views
- What’s in a Name? The Canterbury (Furniture) Tales 1,086 views
- Theodore Alexander and Historic Charm in Detroit 1,084 views
- Spotlight on Anthony Cox, Creative Director 1,015 views
- An Olympic Event at Althorp 1,009 views
- A World of Quality in Miniature 1,006 views
It would be hard to stay indoors with a view like this, but we must admit, this luxurious Naples living room is a s… https://t.co/AXx03ZLf0o
🌤️ Summer vibes, thanks to muted hues, fresh fabrics & our Aiden chairs in pale blue. With uncompromising standards… https://t.co/DJBLhZyFQx
Ornate detailing, reflective metals & a serene palette of blue & beige dress up this stunning New Jersey bedroom, a… https://t.co/dipVPIFnHb
Step inside the Althorp Estate, 13,000 acres of beautiful countryside in Northamptonshire, Warwickshire and Norfolk… https://t.co/zk4CoplGoF
What to do when remodeling a room with support columns in the middle? Build a gorgeous blue shelf of course! Clever… https://t.co/dzqpCU5NPl
Post filed under Book Review
Reading ‘At Home, a Short History of Private Life’ by author Bill Bryson this passage on the history of mahogany stood out for its eloquence.
Mahogany was introduced to British carpentry in the mid 18th century and soon superseded oak as the wood of choice in fashionable households. It soon becomes apparent why…
It could be carved and fretted into the delicate shapes that perfectly suited the exuberance of rococo, yet was strong enough to be a piece of furniture. No wood had had these characteristics before: suddenly furniture had a sculptural quality. Read more
At this year’s Althorp Literary Festival Earl Spencer’s will give a talk Althorp: A Personal View which will give a unique insight into his home, and the home of the Spencer family for the last 500 years. Althorp Living History by Theodore Alexander is proud to sponsor this event and we look forward to sharing more information closer to the day. Read more
With chapters entitled “His and Hers”, “Wallpaper and Taste” and “A Nest of Comforts” Amanda Vickery brings the English Georgian household to life with engaging literary style and interior illustrations. Read more