Welcome to THEO.
Bringing you design insights and inspiration.
Learn more About THEO
- Holiday House NYC with Theodore Alexander and James Rixner
- The Stars are Aligned! Theodore Alexander Features in Traditional Home Magazine
- Theodore Alexander announces appointment of Dr Doris Phua as C.E.O.
- Tori Mellott Tours Theodore Alexander at the New York Design Center
- An Afternoon of Design at the NYDC
- Duralee Fabrics Now Available at the New York Design Center
- Lighting & Decor Magazine Features Steve Leung for Theodore Alexander
- Floyd Pendant Light by Michael Berman in June House Beautiful Magazine
- Theodore Alexander at The New York Design Center – The Big Reveal!
- Jamie Drake wins NY Spaces Award for Theodore Alexander Collection
- Becoming a Visionary at High Point Market
- Theodore Alexander Unveils Renovated Showroom at NYDC
- Theodore Alexander to Launch New Collection by Designer Steve Leung at High Point Market
- Colour Crush! Theodore Alexander Features in March House Beautiful!
- Million Dollar Decorating Podcast Features Theodore Alexander
- Washington and the Spencers, a Tale Through the Centuries 4,959 views
- Lady Charlotte Diana Spencer, an Althorp Addition 3,897 views
- Theodore Alexander Unveils Renovated Showroom at NYDC 2,845 views
- About THEO 1,295 views
- Theodore Alexander to Launch New Collection by Designer Steve Leung at High Point Market 1,107 views
- What’s in a Name? The Canterbury (Furniture) Tales 1,086 views
- Theodore Alexander and Historic Charm in Detroit 1,084 views
- Spotlight on Anthony Cox, Creative Director 1,015 views
- An Olympic Event at Althorp 1,009 views
- A World of Quality in Miniature 1,006 views
It would be hard to stay indoors with a view like this, but we must admit, this luxurious Naples living room is a s… https://t.co/AXx03ZLf0o
🌤️ Summer vibes, thanks to muted hues, fresh fabrics & our Aiden chairs in pale blue. With uncompromising standards… https://t.co/DJBLhZyFQx
Ornate detailing, reflective metals & a serene palette of blue & beige dress up this stunning New Jersey bedroom, a… https://t.co/dipVPIFnHb
Step inside the Althorp Estate, 13,000 acres of beautiful countryside in Northamptonshire, Warwickshire and Norfolk… https://t.co/zk4CoplGoF
What to do when remodeling a room with support columns in the middle? Build a gorgeous blue shelf of course! Clever… https://t.co/dzqpCU5NPl
Tag Archives: Althorp
Charles, 9th Earl Spencer recently published a sumptuously illustrated book, ‘Impressions of Althorp’ which recounts his favourite objects in the house.
We were delighted to find that Country Life, an English magazine, has published an interview based on this book which highlights the love Lord Spencer has for the Althorp Estate and it’s unique legacy. In his own words:
“Althorp is to me the essence of Englishness… Understated but impressive, traditional but relevant, a historic house but also a warm and much loved home. Its contents have been assembled with discernment, over 500 years. If I had to sum up Althorp – itself the embodiment of the Spencer family’s heritage – in one word, it would be English.” Read more
On 2nd July 2012, the Olympic Flame passed through the grounds of Althorp, home to the Spencer family since 1508. We’re delighted that our favourite historic house was chosen to participate in this Olympic event. Read more
Theodore Alexander is delighted to congratulate The Earl and Countess Spencer on the birth of their daughter, Lady Charlotte Diana Spencer.
Lady Charlotte was born at Althorp at 5.22pm, on Monday 23 July, weighing 8 lbs 14 oz. She is the first child from the Spencer family to be born at Althorp since 1793. The Earl Spencer was present at the birth. Read more
19 generations of the Spencer family have lived at Althorp over the past 500 years, and during that time they commissioned or collected the finest furniture and art. Charles, 9th Earl Spencer continues this tradition into the present day, as he relates to Ellen Gefen in this interview for The Home. Read more
Earlier in January we posted about the new “Nine Earls” selection, signature pieces of furniture in tribute to and inspired by each of the successive Earls of Althorp who have helped to shape and define British history. These pieces will be available at selected Althorp Living History retailers in 2012.
The second in our series is the remarkable chair seen below which was originally crafted from actual timber taken from H.M.S. Victory, flagship of Admiral Nelson at the Battle of Trafalgar in 1805.
Charles, 9th Earl Spencer is the driving force behind the Althorp Living History Collection. With this in mind, we are delighted to reproduce a recent interview with Lord Spencer by Patricia Sheridan of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. Read more