Welcome to THEO.
Bringing you design insights and inspiration.
Learn more About THEO
- Holiday House NYC with Theodore Alexander and James Rixner
- The Stars are Aligned! Theodore Alexander Features in Traditional Home Magazine
- Theodore Alexander announces appointment of Dr Doris Phua as C.E.O.
- Tori Mellott Tours Theodore Alexander at the New York Design Center
- An Afternoon of Design at the NYDC
- Duralee Fabrics Now Available at the New York Design Center
- Lighting & Decor Magazine Features Steve Leung for Theodore Alexander
- Floyd Pendant Light by Michael Berman in June House Beautiful Magazine
- Theodore Alexander at The New York Design Center – The Big Reveal!
- Jamie Drake wins NY Spaces Award for Theodore Alexander Collection
- Becoming a Visionary at High Point Market
- Theodore Alexander Unveils Renovated Showroom at NYDC
- Theodore Alexander to Launch New Collection by Designer Steve Leung at High Point Market
- Colour Crush! Theodore Alexander Features in March House Beautiful!
- Million Dollar Decorating Podcast Features Theodore Alexander
- Washington and the Spencers, a Tale Through the Centuries 4,680 views
- Lady Charlotte Diana Spencer, an Althorp Addition 3,351 views
- Theodore Alexander Unveils Renovated Showroom at NYDC 2,717 views
- About THEO 1,225 views
- Theodore Alexander to Launch New Collection by Designer Steve Leung at High Point Market 1,074 views
- What’s in a Name? The Canterbury (Furniture) Tales 1,009 views
- Theodore Alexander and Historic Charm in Detroit 986 views
- A World of Quality in Miniature 930 views
- An Olympic Event at Althorp 924 views
- Spotlight on Anthony Cox, Creative Director 921 views
Hand hewn, textured, vintage and rustic, the Tyler I Cabinet from The Echoes collection feels like the most fabulou… https://t.co/mJU641UrfT
Hundreds of frames, dozens of finishes, with our Custom Palette Program, we help bring your vision to life! Match y… https://t.co/n9U5M85ncp
Work space, re-imagined. This beautiful period property has us swooning over all the feminine touches and antique t… https://t.co/QrLD6ChI0X
Tag Archives: Althorp
Charles, 9th Earl Spencer recently published a sumptuously illustrated book, ‘Impressions of Althorp’ which recounts his favourite objects in the house.
We were delighted to find that Country Life, an English magazine, has published an interview based on this book which highlights the love Lord Spencer has for the Althorp Estate and it’s unique legacy. In his own words:
“Althorp is to me the essence of Englishness… Understated but impressive, traditional but relevant, a historic house but also a warm and much loved home. Its contents have been assembled with discernment, over 500 years. If I had to sum up Althorp – itself the embodiment of the Spencer family’s heritage – in one word, it would be English.” Read more
On 2nd July 2012, the Olympic Flame passed through the grounds of Althorp, home to the Spencer family since 1508. We’re delighted that our favourite historic house was chosen to participate in this Olympic event. Read more
Theodore Alexander is delighted to congratulate The Earl and Countess Spencer on the birth of their daughter, Lady Charlotte Diana Spencer.
Lady Charlotte was born at Althorp at 5.22pm, on Monday 23 July, weighing 8 lbs 14 oz. She is the first child from the Spencer family to be born at Althorp since 1793. The Earl Spencer was present at the birth. Read more
19 generations of the Spencer family have lived at Althorp over the past 500 years, and during that time they commissioned or collected the finest furniture and art. Charles, 9th Earl Spencer continues this tradition into the present day, as he relates to Ellen Gefen in this interview for The Home. Read more
Earlier in January we posted about the new “Nine Earls” selection, signature pieces of furniture in tribute to and inspired by each of the successive Earls of Althorp who have helped to shape and define British history. These pieces will be available at selected Althorp Living History retailers in 2012.
The second in our series is the remarkable chair seen below which was originally crafted from actual timber taken from H.M.S. Victory, flagship of Admiral Nelson at the Battle of Trafalgar in 1805.
Charles, 9th Earl Spencer is the driving force behind the Althorp Living History Collection. With this in mind, we are delighted to reproduce a recent interview with Lord Spencer by Patricia Sheridan of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. Read more