Welcome to THEO.
Bringing you design insights and inspiration.
Learn more About THEO
- Holiday House NYC with Theodore Alexander and James Rixner
- The Stars are Aligned! Theodore Alexander Features in Traditional Home Magazine
- Theodore Alexander announces appointment of Dr Doris Phua as C.E.O.
- Tori Mellott Tours Theodore Alexander at the New York Design Center
- An Afternoon of Design at the NYDC
- Duralee Fabrics Now Available at the New York Design Center
- Lighting & Decor Magazine Features Steve Leung for Theodore Alexander
- Floyd Pendant Light by Michael Berman in June House Beautiful Magazine
- Theodore Alexander at The New York Design Center – The Big Reveal!
- Jamie Drake wins NY Spaces Award for Theodore Alexander Collection
- Becoming a Visionary at High Point Market
- Theodore Alexander Unveils Renovated Showroom at NYDC
- Theodore Alexander to Launch New Collection by Designer Steve Leung at High Point Market
- Colour Crush! Theodore Alexander Features in March House Beautiful!
- Million Dollar Decorating Podcast Features Theodore Alexander
- Washington and the Spencers, a Tale Through the Centuries 4,953 views
- Lady Charlotte Diana Spencer, an Althorp Addition 3,874 views
- Theodore Alexander Unveils Renovated Showroom at NYDC 2,842 views
- About THEO 1,295 views
- Theodore Alexander to Launch New Collection by Designer Steve Leung at High Point Market 1,107 views
- What’s in a Name? The Canterbury (Furniture) Tales 1,084 views
- Theodore Alexander and Historic Charm in Detroit 1,081 views
- Spotlight on Anthony Cox, Creative Director 1,013 views
- An Olympic Event at Althorp 1,005 views
- A World of Quality in Miniature 1,004 views
It would be hard to stay indoors with a view like this, but we must admit, this luxurious Naples living room is a s… https://t.co/AXx03ZLf0o
🌤️ Summer vibes, thanks to muted hues, fresh fabrics & our Aiden chairs in pale blue. With uncompromising standards… https://t.co/DJBLhZyFQx
Ornate detailing, reflective metals & a serene palette of blue & beige dress up this stunning New Jersey bedroom, a… https://t.co/dipVPIFnHb
Step inside the Althorp Estate, 13,000 acres of beautiful countryside in Northamptonshire, Warwickshire and Norfolk… https://t.co/zk4CoplGoF
What to do when remodeling a room with support columns in the middle? Build a gorgeous blue shelf of course! Clever… https://t.co/dzqpCU5NPl
Tag Archives: bronze
The British are renowned for their love of dogs and field sports, two passions that are combined in the poignant 19th century statue of Forager the foxhound that today stands in the Billiard Room at Althorp.
Study the image below of the Billiard Room at Althorp. Between the billiard table and the fireplace you will see the gleaming life-size form of a bronze hound. This is Forager, who lived and hunted in the dying days of the Victorian era. The oil painting hanging above the fireplace shows the man who commissioned the sculpture, John Poyntz, 5th Earl Spencer together with his wife Charlotte, Countess Spencer.
The statue is a commemorative piece, sentimental even. A keen fox hunter and master of the local Pytcheley Pack for many years, Earl Spencer’s devotion to hunting was such that the Althop records show that hunted five days a week during the 1876 – 1877 season. Forager was the 5th Earl Spencer’s favourite hound. Read more
One of the highlights of working with Theodore Alexander is watching the process of creation unfold before one’s eyes.
The pieces that we create have hundreds of hours of painstaking work that culminates in exquisite works of art. For example, the piece below begins as a solid piece of red wax. A artisan slowly sculpted the wax as one would carve wood until a figure emerged that was replicated exactly in the bronze casting process. It’s a process that has not changed for hundreds of years down to the most basic elements – the smell of the wax as it it is formed with a traditional tool, the wax chips that lie scattered on the workbench as the final form unfolds. The craftsman wielded the chisel with insouciant calm, whilst I looked on with baited breath. Read more