Welcome to THEO.
Bringing you design insights and inspiration.
Learn more About THEO
- Holiday House NYC with Theodore Alexander and James Rixner
- The Stars are Aligned! Theodore Alexander Features in Traditional Home Magazine
- Theodore Alexander announces appointment of Dr Doris Phua as C.E.O.
- Tori Mellott Tours Theodore Alexander at the New York Design Center
- An Afternoon of Design at the NYDC
- Duralee Fabrics Now Available at the New York Design Center
- Lighting & Decor Magazine Features Steve Leung for Theodore Alexander
- Floyd Pendant Light by Michael Berman in June House Beautiful Magazine
- Theodore Alexander at The New York Design Center – The Big Reveal!
- Jamie Drake wins NY Spaces Award for Theodore Alexander Collection
- Becoming a Visionary at High Point Market
- Theodore Alexander Unveils Renovated Showroom at NYDC
- Theodore Alexander to Launch New Collection by Designer Steve Leung at High Point Market
- Colour Crush! Theodore Alexander Features in March House Beautiful!
- Million Dollar Decorating Podcast Features Theodore Alexander
- Washington and the Spencers, a Tale Through the Centuries 4,680 views
- Lady Charlotte Diana Spencer, an Althorp Addition 3,351 views
- Theodore Alexander Unveils Renovated Showroom at NYDC 2,717 views
- About THEO 1,225 views
- Theodore Alexander to Launch New Collection by Designer Steve Leung at High Point Market 1,074 views
- What’s in a Name? The Canterbury (Furniture) Tales 1,009 views
- Theodore Alexander and Historic Charm in Detroit 986 views
- A World of Quality in Miniature 930 views
- An Olympic Event at Althorp 924 views
- Spotlight on Anthony Cox, Creative Director 921 views
Hand hewn, textured, vintage and rustic, the Tyler I Cabinet from The Echoes collection feels like the most fabulou… https://t.co/mJU641UrfT
Hundreds of frames, dozens of finishes, with our Custom Palette Program, we help bring your vision to life! Match y… https://t.co/n9U5M85ncp
Work space, re-imagined. This beautiful period property has us swooning over all the feminine touches and antique t… https://t.co/QrLD6ChI0X
Tag Archives: bronze
The British are renowned for their love of dogs and field sports, two passions that are combined in the poignant 19th century statue of Forager the foxhound that today stands in the Billiard Room at Althorp.
Study the image below of the Billiard Room at Althorp. Between the billiard table and the fireplace you will see the gleaming life-size form of a bronze hound. This is Forager, who lived and hunted in the dying days of the Victorian era. The oil painting hanging above the fireplace shows the man who commissioned the sculpture, John Poyntz, 5th Earl Spencer together with his wife Charlotte, Countess Spencer.
The statue is a commemorative piece, sentimental even. A keen fox hunter and master of the local Pytcheley Pack for many years, Earl Spencer’s devotion to hunting was such that the Althop records show that hunted five days a week during the 1876 – 1877 season. Forager was the 5th Earl Spencer’s favourite hound. Read more
One of the highlights of working with Theodore Alexander is watching the process of creation unfold before one’s eyes.
The pieces that we create have hundreds of hours of painstaking work that culminates in exquisite works of art. For example, the piece below begins as a solid piece of red wax. A artisan slowly sculpted the wax as one would carve wood until a figure emerged that was replicated exactly in the bronze casting process. It’s a process that has not changed for hundreds of years down to the most basic elements – the smell of the wax as it it is formed with a traditional tool, the wax chips that lie scattered on the workbench as the final form unfolds. The craftsman wielded the chisel with insouciant calm, whilst I looked on with baited breath. Read more