Welcome to THEO.
Bringing you design insights and inspiration.
Learn more About THEO
- Holiday House NYC with Theodore Alexander and James Rixner
- The Stars are Aligned! Theodore Alexander Features in Traditional Home Magazine
- Theodore Alexander announces appointment of Dr Doris Phua as C.E.O.
- Tori Mellott Tours Theodore Alexander at the New York Design Center
- An Afternoon of Design at the NYDC
- Duralee Fabrics Now Available at the New York Design Center
- Lighting & Decor Magazine Features Steve Leung for Theodore Alexander
- Floyd Pendant Light by Michael Berman in June House Beautiful Magazine
- Theodore Alexander at The New York Design Center – The Big Reveal!
- Jamie Drake wins NY Spaces Award for Theodore Alexander Collection
- Becoming a Visionary at High Point Market
- Theodore Alexander Unveils Renovated Showroom at NYDC
- Theodore Alexander to Launch New Collection by Designer Steve Leung at High Point Market
- Colour Crush! Theodore Alexander Features in March House Beautiful!
- Million Dollar Decorating Podcast Features Theodore Alexander
- Washington and the Spencers, a Tale Through the Centuries 5,097 views
- Lady Charlotte Diana Spencer, an Althorp Addition 4,395 views
- Theodore Alexander Unveils Renovated Showroom at NYDC 2,889 views
- About THEO 1,326 views
- Theodore Alexander and Historic Charm in Detroit 1,135 views
- What’s in a Name? The Canterbury (Furniture) Tales 1,125 views
- Theodore Alexander to Launch New Collection by Designer Steve Leung at High Point Market 1,120 views
- Spotlight on Anthony Cox, Creative Director 1,065 views
- An Olympic Event at Althorp 1,053 views
- A World of Quality in Miniature 1,045 views
Tag Archives: craftsmanship
Anthony Cox, Executive Vice President, Provides a Unique Insight into the Theodore Alexander Brand Read more
“We like to think we are establishing leadership in our designs, not following trends,” Cox remarks. “We want our lighting to represent a personal statement for the home interior environment.” As the company’s Web site states: “Every piece has a story just waiting to be shared.” Read more
“When you’re a carpenter making a beautiful chest of drawers, you’re not going to use a piece of plywood on the back, even though it faces the wall and nobody will ever see it. You’ll know it’s there, so you’re going to use a beautiful piece of wood on the back. For you to sleep well at night, the aesthetic, the quality, has to be carried all the way through.” Steve Jobs Read more
Picture if you will a shell, delicate and brittle. Imagine sketching a design with a soft pencil on it’s surface and then gently cutting around the shape with a small saw. You need to be sure that the blade moves cleanly through the shell, with smooth even strokes. Cut too hard or too fast and the shell will shatter and you must begin again. A steady hand is needed for this task. Read more
Imagine living in a world where twilight turns to nightfall and there is no electric light to brighten the darkness, only candlelight and perhaps the flicker of flames from the fireplace. In this semi-dark world opulence and wealth is measured … Read more