Welcome to THEO.
Bringing you design insights and inspiration.
Learn more About THEO
- Holiday House NYC with Theodore Alexander and James Rixner
- The Stars are Aligned! Theodore Alexander Features in Traditional Home Magazine
- Theodore Alexander announces appointment of Dr Doris Phua as C.E.O.
- Tori Mellott Tours Theodore Alexander at the New York Design Center
- An Afternoon of Design at the NYDC
- Duralee Fabrics Now Available at the New York Design Center
- Lighting & Decor Magazine Features Steve Leung for Theodore Alexander
- Floyd Pendant Light by Michael Berman in June House Beautiful Magazine
- Theodore Alexander at The New York Design Center – The Big Reveal!
- Jamie Drake wins NY Spaces Award for Theodore Alexander Collection
- Becoming a Visionary at High Point Market
- Theodore Alexander Unveils Renovated Showroom at NYDC
- Theodore Alexander to Launch New Collection by Designer Steve Leung at High Point Market
- Colour Crush! Theodore Alexander Features in March House Beautiful!
- Million Dollar Decorating Podcast Features Theodore Alexander
- Washington and the Spencers, a Tale Through the Centuries 4,685 views
- Lady Charlotte Diana Spencer, an Althorp Addition 3,364 views
- Theodore Alexander Unveils Renovated Showroom at NYDC 2,719 views
- About THEO 1,228 views
- Theodore Alexander to Launch New Collection by Designer Steve Leung at High Point Market 1,074 views
- What’s in a Name? The Canterbury (Furniture) Tales 1,010 views
- Theodore Alexander and Historic Charm in Detroit 990 views
- A World of Quality in Miniature 934 views
- An Olympic Event at Althorp 928 views
- Spotlight on Anthony Cox, Creative Director 927 views
Hand hewn, textured, vintage and rustic, the Tyler I Cabinet from The Echoes collection feels like the most fabulou… https://t.co/mJU641UrfT
Hundreds of frames, dozens of finishes, with our Custom Palette Program, we help bring your vision to life! Match y… https://t.co/n9U5M85ncp
Tag Archives: Design
In this digital age the library is still your sanctuary, an intimate space, filled with books and precious objects d’art. The work day has come to a close and tonight there is a glass of something restorative from the cellar waiting for you, a roaring fire and chessboard set up for two. Traditional wing armchairs in fine leathers are placed invitingly near the fireplace. Read more
This post was re-blogged from the original with the kind permission of John Black.
An admission: I have a fetish for chairs.
As a designer, chairs offer the best opportunity to design from a sculptural aspect. Coupled with my historical jones, it should not be surprising that the one chair design that stands out is klismos. Given the timeless nature of this chair, it is no wonder other furniture designers have gravitated to this form as well. But what I find as interesting as the chair itself is the diverse personalities involved with bringing this form, along with ancient Greek ideals, back to life. Read more
The acanthus leaf has been a feature of architectural decoration for millennia. Abstractions of the spiky leaves (Acanthos in ancient Greek means thorny) and their complex outlines served as inspiration for design features throughout the western world. From Roman architecture … Read more
In our research we have come across this is out of print gem that is worth tracking down for the fascinating accounts of life on the campaign trail in Asia and Africa, and the lavish illustrations that take you to far off places and distant lands. Read more