Welcome to THEO.
Bringing you design insights and inspiration.
Learn more About THEO
- Holiday House NYC with Theodore Alexander and James Rixner
- The Stars are Aligned! Theodore Alexander Features in Traditional Home Magazine
- Theodore Alexander announces appointment of Dr Doris Phua as C.E.O.
- Tori Mellott Tours Theodore Alexander at the New York Design Center
- An Afternoon of Design at the NYDC
- Duralee Fabrics Now Available at the New York Design Center
- Lighting & Decor Magazine Features Steve Leung for Theodore Alexander
- Floyd Pendant Light by Michael Berman in June House Beautiful Magazine
- Theodore Alexander at The New York Design Center – The Big Reveal!
- Jamie Drake wins NY Spaces Award for Theodore Alexander Collection
- Becoming a Visionary at High Point Market
- Theodore Alexander Unveils Renovated Showroom at NYDC
- Theodore Alexander to Launch New Collection by Designer Steve Leung at High Point Market
- Colour Crush! Theodore Alexander Features in March House Beautiful!
- Million Dollar Decorating Podcast Features Theodore Alexander
- Washington and the Spencers, a Tale Through the Centuries 5,120 views
- Lady Charlotte Diana Spencer, an Althorp Addition 4,470 views
- Theodore Alexander Unveils Renovated Showroom at NYDC 2,895 views
- About THEO 1,327 views
- Theodore Alexander and Historic Charm in Detroit 1,140 views
- What’s in a Name? The Canterbury (Furniture) Tales 1,131 views
- Theodore Alexander to Launch New Collection by Designer Steve Leung at High Point Market 1,123 views
- Spotlight on Anthony Cox, Creative Director 1,070 views
- An Olympic Event at Althorp 1,058 views
- A World of Quality in Miniature 1,050 views
Tag Archives: Earl Spencer
“Lord Charles Spencer, the 9th Earl Spencer and brother of the late Princess Diana, stopped in Manhattan on his way to California and met with Parade‘s Dotson Rader. Spencer, 50, lives part time in Los Angeles with his third wife, former model … Read more
Lord Spencer appeared on Oprah’s OWN Network on Sunday 5th April. Here he discusses the inner-workings on life at Althorp and how it compares to the estate featured on hit TV series ‘Downton Abbey’.
Designer Karen LeBlanc heads to High Point Market where she meets Charles, 9th Earl Spencer and The Keno Bros. Read more
A recent article in Luxe Interiors + Design magazine features a Jacobean revival mansion furnished by Cindy Rinfret. Inspired by English architecture it features a light and optimistic interior and is highlighted by furnishings from our Althorp and Castle Bromwich … Read more
Earlier in January we posted about the new “Nine Earls” selection, signature pieces of furniture in tribute to and inspired by each of the successive Earls of Althorp who have helped to shape and define British history. These pieces will be available at selected Althorp Living History retailers in 2012.
The second in our series is the remarkable chair seen below which was originally crafted from actual timber taken from H.M.S. Victory, flagship of Admiral Nelson at the Battle of Trafalgar in 1805.
The British are renowned for their love of dogs and field sports, two passions that are combined in the poignant 19th century statue of Forager the foxhound that today stands in the Billiard Room at Althorp.
Study the image below of the Billiard Room at Althorp. Between the billiard table and the fireplace you will see the gleaming life-size form of a bronze hound. This is Forager, who lived and hunted in the dying days of the Victorian era. The oil painting hanging above the fireplace shows the man who commissioned the sculpture, John Poyntz, 5th Earl Spencer together with his wife Charlotte, Countess Spencer.
The statue is a commemorative piece, sentimental even. A keen fox hunter and master of the local Pytcheley Pack for many years, Earl Spencer’s devotion to hunting was such that the Althop records show that hunted five days a week during the 1876 – 1877 season. Forager was the 5th Earl Spencer’s favourite hound. Read more